Easter Weekend is a time where many families and friends travel to celebrate the holiday together. While Easter is generally fun for all, the truth is, the high volume of traffic, along with certain drivers who make the mistake of operating their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol, drastically increases the chance of auto accidents occurring, which is why on holiday weekends, we generally see a spike in auto accidents. Unfortunately, if you are someone who has been injured in an auto accident due to no fault of your own, you are most likely left wondering how you are supposed to pick up the pieces. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable California personal injury lawyer to learn more about auto accidents and how we can help if you’ve been hurt in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I am involved in an auto accident?
If you are hurt in an auto accident, you may not be able to do anything other than awaiting the arrival of emergency services. However, if you can, you should take the following steps to bolster your chances of winning a future personal injury claim:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Take picture of any vehicles or property that was damaged during the accident.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Receive medical attention.
- Obtain a copy of all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- Hire a knowledgeable El Dorado County personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain all additional evidence required to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf.
Is there a time limit on personal injury claims in California?
Yes, there is. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California is, generally, two years, which means that in most cases, you will only have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the liable party. Keep in mind that the sooner you bring your personal injury claim to our firm’s attention, the better off you will be. We can help you today. All you have to do is give us a call.
Contact our experienced California firm
Whether you’ve been injured in an accident due to negligence or you’ve been charged with a DUI, you cannot afford to proceed without strong legal representation at your side. Here at The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we are dedicated to helping all those in need of an attorney who can efficiently fight for their rights. Contact our firm today so we can discuss your case.