The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes has decades of experience proudly representing clients when they need a Sacramento auto accident lawyer they can trust. Our firm understands the seriousness of your situation and will work tirelessly to help you achieve justice. With our team on your side, you can have peace of mind, knowing that we will fight for your rights, every step of the way. While you focus on recovering from your accident, we will focus on recovering financial compensation on your behalf to help cover the physical, emotional, and financial burdens you have suffered due to the other party’s negligence. Contact The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes today to schedule a consultation with a Sacramento auto accident lawyer you can trust.
Our Legal Services | Sacramento Auto Accident Attorneys
At The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we have substantial experience handling a wide range of automobile accident cases. Some of the most common types of auto accident cases we handle include the following:
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Train accidents
- Truck accidents
Common Causes of Sacramento Auto Accidents
When a victim makes the decision to pursue a personal injury case, they will be required to fulfill the burden of proof. This means that they will have to work with a skilled legal team to determine the true cause of the accident, and from there, they must prove that the other party’s negligence resulted in the accident. Some of the ways to fulfill the burden of proof include police reports, witness statements, photos and videos of the accident, medical records, surveillance footage, and more. Many factors can contribute to a motor vehicle accident in Sacramento. Some of these may include the following:
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to perform regular or necessary vehicle maintenance
- Uneven pavement
- Low visibility
- Distracted driving
Statute of Limitations for California Auto Accident Cases
If you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in California, it is important to be aware of the requirements you must meet if you decide to take legal action. All personal injury claims in the state of California must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. If you fail to file your claim within this deadline, you will most likely lose your right to take legal action against the party that hit you.
What should I do after being involved in an accident?
In the moments immediately following an accident, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what happened or what to do next. Here are a few important steps to take after an accident (assuming you are able to do so) that can be beneficial in the long run:
- Contact emergency services. Even if you do not feel serious pain immediately, certain injuries take a couple of days to set in, so it is always best you are proactive and call an ambulance to the scene. The police will also arrive and file a report regarding the details of the incident.
- While awaiting an ambulance, ask any witnesses for their contact information, as they may vouch for you and corroborate your claim if need be.
- You should also ensure you obtain the contact information and insurance information of the driver that hit you.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, and collect any other evidence that may be useful in proving a future personal injury claim.
- After you’ve been transported to and treated at a hospital, ask your physician for medical documents regarding your injuries.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable and compassionate Sacramento auto accident lawyer who knows how to satisfy the burden of proof and win you the compensation you need.
- Once your claim is filed, be sure to refrain from posting on social media as much as possible. The other party’s insurance company will closely monitor your social media activity for any posts that may even remotely contradict your personal injury claim. If they find something, they may try and use it against you in an effort to disprove your claim, even if they have to take it out of context.
Recovering Compensation After an Accident
An auto accident can result in serious physical, emotional, and financial burdens. With the help of the legal team at The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, you may be able to recover significant damages to offset some of these burdens. Damages can be economic or non-economic in nature. Some of the damages that you may be compensated for after an auto accident include the following:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of rehabilitation
- Lost wages and lost earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of independence
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Sacramento Auto Accident Lawyer
If you were seriously injured in a California auto accident, it is important to have quality legal representation on your side. The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes has the skill and experience it takes to effectively represent your interests and help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, and more. For strong legal representation when you need it most, contact The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes today to learn more about how we can assist you.