Before you dive straight into the swimming pool this Memorial Day, it’s important to remind yourself of some important safety precautions to keep you and your loved ones safe this holiday. Continue reading to discover some of the most important pool safety tips to consider all season long. Pool accidents are too common and too severe to not remind yourself of the necessity for safety, even when you’re having fun. If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident, reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss your options for compensation.
Pool Safety Precautions to Consider
Pool accidents can result in serious injury or even death. It is important to be prepared this season. This summer, consider these pool safety precautions before making for first cannonball:
- Ensure that all guests can swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
You may be eligible for compensation if your injuries in a swimming pool accident were caused by the pool owner’s direct negligence. To begin the process towards compensation, it is important that you acquire a knowledgeable and skillful attorney who is prepared to fight for your rights. Your attorney will need to prove that your injuries were caused by negligence in a premises liability claim. To do so, the attorney will collect evidence such as medical documents, witnesses’ statements, and photos of the scene of the accident. This evidence will prove that the accident was caused by the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To begin this process, contact our experienced personal injury attorney to achieve the compensation you require to heal.
Contact our experienced California firm
Whether you’ve been injured in an accident due to negligence or you’ve been charged with a DUI, you cannot afford to proceed without strong legal representation at your side. Here at The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we are dedicated to helping all those in need of an attorney who can efficiently fight for their rights. Contact our firm today so we can discuss your case.