Swimming pool accidents happen in and around the pool each summer. Holidays such as Labor Day marks a heightened risk of swimming pool accidents. It can be easy to forget the importance of pool safety as the summer comes to a close. To refresh your memory, continue reading to discover the top pool safety tips to consider this Labor Day.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident, it is important to know that you may be eligible for financial compensation in a premises liability claim. To learn more about this, give our experienced personal injury firm a call. We are here to help.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
The following are the most important pool safety tips to consider this Labor Day to have a fun and safe holiday without a pool accident:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
To achieve financial compensation following a pool accident, you will first need to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney will have to work to prove that negligence caused your damages in a premises liability claim. To do so, they will work to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To back this claim they will also work to recover evidence such as medical documentation, witness statements, and photos of the scene of your accident.
To begin his process, give our experienced personal injury firm a call today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you after being injured in a swimming pool accident. Our firm is prepared to take on your case today.
Contact our experienced California firm
Whether you’ve been injured in an accident due to negligence or you’ve been charged with a crime, you cannot afford to proceed without strong legal representation at your side. Here at The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we are dedicated to helping all those in need of an attorney who can efficiently fight for their rights. Contact our firm today so we can discuss your case.