Sacramento Department Store Attorney
In California, shoppers frequent department stores and expect that their trips will be relatively uneventful. Unfortunately, when store employees and management fail to maintain a safe environment, serious accidents can happen.
At The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we are ready to help you seek full and fair compensation in what’s known as a premises liability lawsuit. By taking legal action, you will not just be helping yourself. You may also be preventing others from getting hurt in a similar manner.
How Were You Injured?
Sacramento is full of department stores that cater to the needs of shoppers. Store management and staff are required to maintain a safe environment and make sure that there are no hazards that could cause an accident. Unfortunately, these stores are often very large, and it is hard for employees to see everything at once. Sometimes, dangerous conditions aren’t noticed until it is too late and a shopper has already become injured. A few examples of the types of accidents that may occur in a department store include the following:
- Slipping and falling on wet floors
- Tripping over poorly placed merchandise or store displays
- Accidents involving broken shopping carts or dangerously placed carts
- Injuries or assaults stemming from inadequate store security
- Accidents in the parking lot caused by missing signage, poor traffic management or other problems
There are too many examples to list on this page. If you believe you have a case but aren’t sure, contact our office to discuss your options for free.
What Should I Do Immediately After A Department Store Accident?
Any time an accident happens, the next few minutes are of critical importance. If you were hurt in a department store, it is essential that you:
- Report the accident to the store manager before leaving the premises
- Contact emergency services
- Gather video and photo evidence of the dangerous conditions that led to your accident
- Obtain the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the accident happen
- Collect all medical records from your doctor that are related to the accident
- Contact our firm as soon as reasonably possible
You cannot afford to wait too long to take legal action. In California, that statute of limitations for most premises liability cases is two years from the date of the accident. You’ll want to act much sooner than that in order to preserve evidence and maximize your legal options.
Can I Recover Damages After An Accident?
If you do file your claim within the statute of limitations, you may be able to recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens you suffered as a result of the accident. Some of these damages may include the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and lost future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Many injury cases settle out of court. If the defendants are willing to offer a fair settlement, this is certainly an option. If they won’t negotiate, however, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Tell Us Your Story In A Free Consultation
The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes is pleased to offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients. To schedule yours, call us at 530-497-5921 or fill out our online contact form.