Sacramento Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
At The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we have decades of experience representing victims of auto accidents. We understand the seriousness of your situation and will work tirelessly to help you achieve justice. With our team on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that we will fight for your rights every step of the way.
While you focus on recovering from your accident, we will focus on recovering financial compensation on your behalf to help cover the physical, emotional and financial burdens you have suffered due to the other party’s negligence. Contact The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes today to schedule a consultation with a Sacramento auto accident lawyer you can trust.
Representation After Any Type Of Auto Accident
At The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we have substantial experience handling a wide range of automobile accident cases, including those involving cars, bicycles, trucks, drivers under the influence, and pedestrians.
Common Causes Of Motor Vehicle Crashes in Sacramento
When a victim makes the decision to pursue a personal injury case, they will be required to fulfill the burden of proof. This means that they will have to work with a skilled legal team to determine the true cause of the accident, and from there, they must prove that the other party’s negligence resulted in the accident. Some of the ways to fulfill the burden of proof include police reports, witness statements, photos and videos of the accident, medical records, surveillance footage and more.
Many factors can contribute to a motor vehicle accident in Sacramento. Some of these may include the following:
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to perform regular or necessary vehicle maintenance
- Uneven pavement
- Low visibility
- Distracted driving
Statute Of Limitations For California Auto Accident Cases
If you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in California, it is important to be aware of the requirements you must meet if you decide to take legal action. All personal injury claims in the state of California must be filed within two years of the dates of the accidents. If you fail to file your claim within this deadline, you will most likely lose your right to take legal action against the party that hit you.
What Should You Do After Being Involved In An Accident?
In the moments immediately following an accident, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what happened or what to do next. Here are a few important steps to take after an accident (assuming you are able to do so) that can be beneficial in the long run:
- Contact emergency services. Adrenaline can mask pain, and some injuries take time to manifest. Therefore, it is wise to get yourself checked out by an emergency medical technician. The police will also arrive and file a report regarding the details of the incident.
- As you wait for the police and ambulance to arrive, try to obtain the contact information of any witnesses who can corroborate what happened. You should also ensure that you obtain the contact and insurance information of the driver who hit you.
- Survey the accident scene, take pictures and gather any evidence that may be useful later on.
- Seek medical treatment at the hospital (after initial treatment at the accident site). Ask the physician how you can obtain medical records to be shared with your insurance company and your attorney.
- Contact a compassionate Sacramento auto accident lawyer who knows how to satisfy the burden of proof and win you the compensation you need.
- Once your claim is filed, be sure to refrain from posting on social media as much as possible. The other party’s insurance company will closely monitor your social media activity for any posts that may even remotely contradict your personal injury claim. If they find something, they may try and use it against you in an effort to disprove your claim, even if they have to take it out of context.
Recovering Compensation For Your Losses
An auto accident can result in serious physical, emotional and financial burdens. With our help at The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, you may be able to recover significant damages to offset some of these burdens. Damages can be economic or noneconomic in nature. Some of the damages that you may be compensated for after an auto accident include the following:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of rehabilitation
- Lost wages and lost earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of independence
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Contact A Skilled And Experienced Attorney Today
If you were seriously injured in a Sacramento auto accident, it is important to have quality legal representation on your side. At The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we have the skill and experience it takes to effectively represent your interests and help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress and more. For strong legal representation when you need it most, email us today or call 530-497-5921 to learn more about how we can assist you.