When a consumer makes a purchase, they assume that the product is suitable and safe for use. Unfortunately, some consumers may receive an unwelcome surprise upon learning that a product is unsafe for consumer use. If you have suffered a serious injury due to a defective product, you must consider your legal options. The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes has decades of experience representing accident victims across California. If you were seriously injured by a defective product, contact our firm today to learn about how an experienced El Dorado County product liability lawyer can help.
Types of Product Liability Cases in California
A product can be defective for three possible reasons. Either there was a design defect, a manufacturer defect, a failure to warn, or a combination of these issues. Regardless of which type of defect caused your accident, you will be responsible for proving that someone’s negligence resulted in your injuries. It is critical that you keep the product until the conclusion of your case, as it can be used to determine what went wrong to cause the accident. The three types of defects are as follows:
- Design defects: When a product designer fails to consider certain safety features, consumers can get hurt. If you were injured by a product’s defective design, you must prove that there was a safer but still economically feasible way that the product should have been designed.
- Manufacturing defects: If the product’s design was safe but someone in the manufacturing process deviated from the design, the product can become unsafe. If you can prove there was a deviation, you may hold the manufacturers liable.
- Failure to warn: Sometimes, products can become dangerous if they are not used properly. This is why it is so important to have warning labels on products. If you are injured because of a company’s failure to include a warning label, you may be able to hold the company liable.
Statute of Limitations in California
The state of California requires that all personal injury claims, including those involving product liability, are filed within two years of the date of the accident. This deadline is referred to as the statute of limitations, and it is a critical component of any case. If you fail to meet this deadline, you will lose the opportunity to pursue a case against the negligent party and can miss out on significant compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial burdens.
Recovering Compensation in California
If you were seriously injured by a defective product in the state of California, it is crucial that you retain the services of an experienced El Dorado County personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes can help you fight for the compensation you deserve after being seriously injured by the negligence of another party. Some of the economic and non-economic damages that we can fight for on your behalf include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and lost future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact an El Dorado County Product Liability Lawyer
If you were seriously injured by a defective product in California, you need strong legal representation on your side. The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes has proudly assisted clients in our area for decades, and we have the skill it takes to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. To learn more about what our firm can do for you, contact The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes today.