Stairwell accidents can lead to severe, life-altering injuries. If you have been injured in a stairwell accident due to no fault of your own, continue reading to learn the steps you should take following your accident that will increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim to recover the compensation you deserve for your damages. Contact our firm to learn more about filing your claim and how we can help.
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
The most common causes of stairwell accidents are as follows:
- Loose railings
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
- Inadequate security
- Missing steps
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Damaged steps
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
Take the following steps to protect yourself and your future personal injury claim after sustaining injuries in a stairwell accident:
- Alert the authorities of your accident and request medical attention. The police will document the accident by conducting a police report.
- In the meantime, before the ambulance arrives, if you can, take photos and videos of the scene of your accident.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek medical treatment immediately.
- Once the treatment is complete, collect all medical documentation.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer. Your attorney will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to recover the financial compensation you require to heal. They may also be able to obtain further evidence to support your claim including surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California is generally two years. This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. The sooner you are able to file your claim within this period of time, the better. This is because failure to file your claim within two years may result in you being permanently time-barred from taking legal action. To get started with this process as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced California personal injury attorney for assistance. We are prepared to take on your case today. Give us a call when you are ready.
Contact our experienced California firm
Whether you’ve been injured in an accident due to negligence or you’ve been charged with a crime, you cannot afford to proceed without strong legal representation at your side. Here at The Law Offices of Dale R. Gomes, we are dedicated to helping all those in need of an attorney who can efficiently fight for their rights. Contact our firm today so we can discuss your case.